Gone Missing: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Kate Burkholder series.
- #1: Sworn to Silence: The First Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $10.80
- #2: Pray for Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $16.19
- #3: Breaking Silence: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.10
- #5: Her Last Breath: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Paperback): $17.10
- #6: The Dead Will Tell: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #7: After the Storm: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #8: Among the Wicked: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #9: Down a Dark Road: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $10.79
- #10: A Gathering of Secrets: A Kate Burkholder Novel (Mass Market): $9.89
- #11: Shamed: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #11) (Paperback): $15.29
- #12: Outsider: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #12) (Paperback): $17.09
- #13: Fallen: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #13) (Paperback): $16.19
- #14: The Hidden One: A Novel of Suspense (Kate Burkholder #14) (Paperback): $16.20
- #15: An Evil Heart: A Novel (Kate Burkholder #15) (Hardcover): $25.20
- #16: The Burning (Kate Burkholder #16) (CD-Audio): $35.99
Linda Castillo's bestselling series has been called "gripping" [People] and "impossible to put down" [Bookpage] and the "teeth chattering suspense" [USA Today] continues with GONE MISSING—a deeply chilling novel about a rite of passage gone horribly wrong.
Rumspringa is the time when Amish teens are allowed to experience life without the rules. It's an exciting time of personal discovery and growth before committing to the church. But when a young teen disappears without a trace, the carefree fun comes to an abrupt and sinister end, and fear spreads through the community like a contagion.
A missing child is a nightmare to all parents, and never more so than in the Amish community, where family ties run deep. When the search for the presumed runaway turns up a dead body, the case quickly becomes a murder investigation. And chief of Police Kate Burkholder knows that in order to solve this case she will have to call upon everything she has to give not only as a cop, but as a woman whose own Amish roots run deep.
Kate and state agent, John Tomasetti, delve into the lives of the missing teen and discover links to cold cases that may go back years. But will Kate piece together all the parts of this sinister puzzle in time to save the missing teen and the Amish community from a devastating fate? Or will she find herself locked in a fight to the death with a merciless killer?
About the Author
Linda Castillo is the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling Kate Burkholder series, set in the world of the Amish. The first book, Sworn to Silence, was adapted into a Lifetime original movie titled An Amish Murder starring Neve Campbell as Kate Burkholder. Castillo is the recipient of numerous industry awards including a nomination by the International Thriller Writers for Best Hardcover, the Mystery Writers of America’s Sue Grafton Memorial Award, and an appearance on the Boston Globe’s shortlist for best crime novel. In addition to writing, Castillo’s other passion is horses. She lives in Texas with her husband and is currently at work on her next book.
“Exciting . . . Castillo ratchets up the tension nicely before the disconcerting ending.” —Publishers Weekly
“Gripping. . . the unsettling ending leaves the door open for more books in the series. . . This fast-paced thrill ride through the always fascinating Amish country of Ohio should appeal to readers of Karin Slaughter, Betty Webb, and Lisa Jackson. Devotees of this series won't want to miss it, and this entry should gain Castillo new fans as well.” —Library Journal
“The sparks between Kate and Tomasetti are hot, but be assured these are not mushy romances. Castillo spares nary a gory detail.” —The Star Ledger (Newark, NJ)
“Like its predecessors, Gone Missing melds Castillo's multiple talents for storytelling, character development and rich depictions of Amish life. From its gut-punch start to its stunning end, Castillo's latest vividly tells twin stories of how evil and insanity can masquerade as righteousness and of how love's stirrings can mitigate, if not cure, the damage done to the soul.” —Richmond Times Dispatch (Virginia)
“Chilling . . . This series will delight fans of Chelsea Cain and Thomas Harris.” —USA Today on Sworn to Silence
“Absolutely stunning. . . . A perfectly crafted thriller.” —Lisa Scottoline on Sworn to Silence
“Shades of In Cold Blood . . . Another chilling thriller.” —People magazine on Pray for Silence
“Violent and earthy, and completely impossible to put down.” —BookPage on Pray for Silence
“If you like the work of Tana French--and yes, you should—Castillo is every bit as good, and much closer to home.” —BookReporter.com on Breaking Silence
“Exceptionally well-drawn characters and a gripping plot that takes some shocking turns to a heart-pounding conclusion . . . another winner.” —Booklist (starred review) on Breaking Silence
“Written at a thrilling pace, with haunting images, Breaking Silence is a novel worth staying up all night to reach the end.” —New York Journal of Books on Breaking Silence